Berkeley Edge Program Student Application Form
Thank you for your interest in the Berkeley Edge Conference, November 5 - 7, 2015, at the University of California, Berkeley. If you are invited to the conference, UC Berkeley will provide you with travel (airfare and airport transfer to/from Oakland or San Francisco airport), lodging and meals during the duration of the conference.
The Berkeley Edge Conference is designed to encourage underrepresented minority students who are competitively eligible for our Ph.D. programs to apply to UC Berkeley. The Conference is an opportunity for each participating student to start preparing her or his application for graduate study. Accordingly, the conference application helps students start preparing the materials they will need to submit when they apply to doctoral programs in the biological sciences, chemistry, engineering, or physical sciences.
- Before applying, please review the student eligibility criteria listed on the conference homepage.
- For each degree you are working towards or have earned (AA/AS, BA/BS, MA/MS), send an official or unofficial transcript to be received by September 25, 2015. Send all documentation to berkeleyedge [at] berkeley.edu (i)young [at] berkeley.edu or The Berkeley Edge Program, 101 Durant Hall #2920, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-2920. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- You must request an online recommendation from a faculty member or program director with whom you have had direct teaching or research interaction. Please direct your recommender to the Berkeley Edge website to complete the recommendation form. All recommendations must be submitted online by the September 25, 2015 deadline. Your application will NOT be reviewed without a recommendation.
- The online application and recommendation forms must be completed by September 25, 2015. Please read carefully the form instructions:
- All questions with * must be completed. Your information may be lost and the form may need to be completed again if it is submitted without completing all fields with an *. If there is missing required information, it will prevent the form from being submitted and all the information you filled out likely will be lost and will need to be re-entered. Avoid using the "back" button of your web browser when completing the form.
- Review the form before you begin. You will be asked over 100 questions. It is important to have all of the required information on hand while completing the form. Some questions will require research and preparation (i.e.: specific Ph.D. program of interest, faculty of interest, and statements). You may want to print out this form to serve as a worksheet before completing the form on-line. You may also want to prepare in advance your statments in a word processing program and "cut and paste" them into the form fields.
- You must have a valid email address to use this form. We will use the address in our initial correspondence with you.
For more information, please see the Berkeley Edge Conference homepage or contact Ira Young at 510-642-5777 or via email at iyoung [at] berkeley.edu or write to the Berkeley Edge Program, University of California, 101 Durant Hall #2920, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-2920.